Sunday, June 10, 2007

Animation

I think the animation section of this course was one of the best bits that I've don't this year and i have really enjoyed it. I thought when we first started that i was going to struggle with it and that i would get left behind and not be able to catch up. so in a way this made me quite scared but excited to do the animation if I'm really honest.

The first class was really getting to grips with the software used to animate then from this it settled my mind because it was much simpler that i thought. also the way in which is was taught helped too as Andy Love showed us on the projector first wot to do and where everything was within the software so after we had watched him do the task then we where given the instruction on a sheet to work through this was good as we only had a hour within the seminar so this meant we could then keep the sheet and use it too work on it after the seminar or maybe even use the sheet to work on future tasks. the first task was making bouncing words this was simple and allowed us to get to grips with all the tools within the software.

Then we learnt splines and lines from learning about this we could then create something as complex as an octopus with all the 8 tentacles which could be controlled using very few commands and controls which i thought was really good. this made me look into the world of animation and i now now how all the animation movies can be made very simply with the right software.

Then we learnt about Editable poly's and vertex and extrude and bevel parts of objects these skills then meant we could make a figure that was a very simple person which mean we were gaining more skills and more incite into animation and how it all is made and how simple or complex it can be.

Then came the most difficult and complex but interesting part of animation bones and skins from learning theses skills we learnt how to make the body and person move like a person we started with the leg and i was amazed at how easy it was to make something that looked so effective. this also shows me how it is done in the industry as i thought it was done using these light reflecting things that are stuck on peoples body to show there working pattern and how they move certain parts of the body when doing certain things. i now all about this as it is used for me in the hospital to show the doctors the way that i walk. so i asked Andy bout this and he told me that it still used for more complex things but this way it a lot cheaper and probably just as effective. he also told me if i could get hold of my images of my walking pattern them i would be able to make the legs move like my walking pattern but to be honest if i saw would my walking pattern actually looked like id be angry so as much as it would be very interesting its not the best idea!

No comments: