Sunday, March 15, 2009

Artifact 4 What I did

So as part of the final section of the research project we have created a number of artifacts, for my forth artifact i have looked at layout as part of the accessibility features i have been looking at as part of my research. for this i started by removing the table that was holding all of the content within my test site. this was a huge step to making my test site as accessibile as possible, as this allowed users with screen readers to view content instead of just reading the number of coloumns and rows in the table. this was a very successful step as i tested it using a screen reader to ensure that all of the content could be read. The next thing i did was to then look at different layouts and decide which was the most accessible i decided that the most accessible layout would be the most accessible layout for my test site. after looking at different accessiblity tips regarding layout i decided to put all of the important content within my site to the top then the lesser important content at the bottom. this would ensure that the important information can be access first when entering the site.

No comments: