Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Catalogue Entries

As part of our SPP3 module this year we have to had in 6 images to the entered into the catalogue at the end of year exhibition these are the images i have chose and why.

In this report I will look at the images I have chosen for the catalogue entry and how they reflect on me as a multimedia practitioner. I have chosen 8 images to enter ino the final year catalogue that will be given out within the exhibition. So these images are very important to show my skills as a practitioner. In this report I will write about why I have chose the images that I have and where I think my work reflects on me as a practitioner. I will also think about where I think my work will position me as web practitioner.
The first image I'm going to add to the catalogue is my flash banner that I did in the second year. I have chose this image as I think it shows my skills in the latest version of flash and ActionScript. I think it also shows my design and marketing skills which I think will help me when trying to get into the multimedia industry.

The second image I have chosen is my other flash banner that I did in the second year. I have chose this image as I think it shows my skills in the latest version of flash and ActionScript. I think it also shows my design and marketing skills which I think will help me when trying to get into the multimedia industry.

The third image I have chosen to add to the catalogue is an image of a page that is part of my social network project. For this I created a website called Date My Mate. This is the registration page, this page allows the user to enter data into the site then into a database. I have chose this image as I think it shows my skills in PHP and MySQL. It also shows I have design skills and I think these skills will put me in a good position as a web practitioner.

I have also chose the an image of the profile page from the date my mate website for the catalogue. This page would display the text from the database and display them using html. Again this will show my skills in PHP, MySQL and html. Also I think it shows my design and creative techniques. I have chose this I think its a good way in which for potential clients and employers to see my skills.

Another piece of work I have chose for the catalogue is a piece of group work we did. I have chose this as it again as it shows my skills in flash and php. For this piece of work we worked in groups and had to create a flash application with php that was then viewed in html. Which again shows all of my skills in this area.

Lastly I have chose to add an image of my portfolio, Pixl Dust I have chose this image to show mainly my design and CSS skills. I think this is one of my best pieces of work at the moment and its a really good piece of work to show off my design flare as I was set free on this to just do what ever I liked so it shows a little bit of my personality too. I think this is my best piece of work so far and if I had to choose one piece of work to show the most it would be this one.


Looking at all of the images I think my position as a multimedia practitioner is still at a junior level. Although my work shows that I have learnt a lot over the last few years I dont think that my work is at a high enough level in order to enter at a higher position as a multimedia pactitioner however thoughout this year I am hoping to create a higher standard of work that would show my more potential to be a successful multimedia practitioner.

No comments: