Monday, October 30, 2006

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

We've been given the task to write a blog about a favorite possession

so I thought about it and then I thought I will write about my walking sticks as these are by far my favorite possessions.
I've had sticks of some form from the age of about 9, until this age I had a walker but then as I grew and began to walk in my own fashion I went on to use sticks therefore sticks have always been a part of my everyday life whether for a while now I liked it or not. I've never liked using my sticks no matter how many times my mum told me I had to use them or my mates saying how cool they were. I didn't agree and used to try anything to get out of using them, I used to leave them everywhere and anywhere, I used to leave them with friends and teachers at college or leave them outside of my house for months on end and everyday hoping someone would pinch them in the middle of the night but sure enough everyday they we're waiting for me. I think the reason why I never wanted to use then is that they made me different from everyone else which to me was the worst thing in the world.
This is strange but since I've moved to uni I have used them more and more in fact there's not many times I'm without them. I think now I'm living on my own I'm beginning to see that they're there for a reason and I'm seeing how practical they are. I mean if I'm out on my own then they're there to keep my balance
Plus there not just any old old people walking sticks there spangley sparkley silver walking sticks so at the moment they're more of a fashoin accessory because siver and grey are in this winter you know!!!!!!!

No comments: